Have I been happier these past 30 days? I don’t know. I certainly have been reminded daily about what a wonderful life I live, and how amazingly lucky I have been. The relationships that I have made these past few years continue to grow stronger with each day, with each interaction I have. Everyone has been finding their way, finding themselves, and visibly developing…and for that I am so happy.
I think a large part of me just doesn’t want to leave this all behind. I am not scared of the future, but just sad to be leaving a place that has taken me awhile to accept myself in. I keep looking back because I do not want the future to come (yet).
This is the whole half empty-half full thing, isn’t it? And with 2012, I need to be completely full. Here’s to running forward, and looking back happily.
30. Reflect on the past 29 days, has your life gotten better? Do you feel any differently about things around you?
8 Jan 2012 / 1 note
1. I’ve been able to travel to so many places around the world.
2. I have been lucky enough to both get into and go to MIT.
3. I have 2 families, my birth family and my host family in Japan.
4. My shyness has not inhibited me too much from making friends because others have pulled me out of my initial shell.
5. I have best friends that call me out on the stupid shit I do, and make sure I never forget about it.
6. Everyone I know is healthy.
7. I get to live with one+ of my best friends for another few years.
8. I am surrounded by people that inspire me everyday.
9. I have found my place at MIT.
10. MIT has taught me that I am capable of so much more than I could have even imagined.
11. SI has instilled in me values that make me view the world from a different perspective than most people…and I am so grateful for that.
12. Soon I’ll be able to start to give back to my parents everything they have given to me.
13. My little sister plays the role of both younger and older sister.
14. I have found guidance in the most unexpected places.
15. Each year has just gotten better and better.
16. I laugh everyday.
17. I have been able to realize a majority of the life goals I’ve made so far.
18. I have not gotten seriously injured ever, despite how reckless I have been when crossing the street.
19. I have been able to experience life on both coasts.
20. Things always seem to work out in the end.
21. Someone has always got my back.
22. I grew up bilingual.
23. I have had people to share my happiest moments with…and they’ve been so genuinely happy for me, as if it was their moment.
24. I have always been unconditionally loved.
25. Never have I felt seriously financially stressed.
26. My memories of when I was 3 years old are still clear. My memory now fails me, but that’s what digital cameras are for!
27. I’m ok at everything I try…except for giving massages and dancing. Those two I will forever suck at.
28. I have all the tools I need to succeed.
29. I can be alone and be happy and content.
30. There are people that look up to me.
31. I have had the resources to pursue almost anything I have been remotely interested in.
32. I have always had a roof over my head.
33. I have a car to drive.
34. Even when I am not driven, someone always makes sure I get my shit done.
35. I have tasted some of the most amazing, weird, and unique food in the world.
36. I am at peace with myself.
37. I’ve lived in many different places.
38. I have seen some of my favorite artists live.
39. Even though not everything has come easy, hard work has always paid off.
40. Someone is always there to listen.
41. The stupid things I did and mistakes I made in the past are always funny to look back on.
42. I am easily amused.
43. I see value in everyone and everything.
44. I am healthy.
45. I did well this semester! And had fun at the same time!!!
46. I have had the privilege of competing at Henley and representing my university at the same time.
47. I am not allergic to any foods.
48. Going to be reunited with my best friend and have all my favorite people with me during my birthday, and have the best banquet, month, and senior year ever!!!
49. I always have something to look forward to.
***50. In my life, I am loved by the best people one could ever hope to meet.
29. Make a list of 50 reasons to be happy daily.
8 Jan 2012 / 1 note
They say that each jade piece has a personality of its own. The chemistry that a person has with their jade bracelet or necklace will determine how it will take care of its owner.
I hope that this jade bracelet likes me, because after all the bruising, squeezing, and pulling that it took to get on, it’s probably stuck with me for a while. Hellllooo partner.
5 Jan 2012 / 0 notes
Going to finish the 30 day challenge in the next few days. After that, http://hahacelena.tumblr.com will host all of my happy, nonsensical musings. Lightless will be reserved for reflection.
3 Jan 2012 / 0 notes
Nothing Compares to You.
Owning my own successful restaurant or bakery. Being able to do what I dream about for a living.
28. Post something that you dream about.
27. A Picture of a heart, smiley face, peace sign, or any other symbol of happiness.
28 Dec 2011 / 1 note
I want to see the world.
26. Promote a blog that makes you happy
Spaced reserved. Will come back tomorrow.
25. Post a sticky not or sign somewhere with a nice message. (take a picture and post it)
You are always taking care of me, whether I am sick, not mentally there (Halloween…), nervous (btw you were right about 075), or just plain bored.
We have laughed till we’ve cried and whenever I cry, you make me laugh.
Even when you wear no makeup, and just grab random clothes from your dresser, you look so cute (no, I’m not fucking lying to you).
I miss those nights where we would lie in our beds, and even though though you were ready to pass out, you never told me to shut up, even though I was just talking to bother you.
Thank you for being a good sport about doing the dishes the 2 years we were roommates. Not realizing your first move was always scissors saved me from wrinkly hands. Kidding! <3
Ihop, mini, and hao will forever be in my vocabulary.
You are one of the most amazing, brilliant, and most importantly, kind-hearted person I have ever met, and I am so glad that you came into my life.
Ivy, no matter how much I sometimes pick on you about showering, know that I love you so much! Thank you for being there for me for the past 3.5 years.
24. Dedicate a post to someone telling them what you think about them (positive things).